What to expect from your new purchase
Congratulations on owning a uniquely cool piece of Swuaye jewellery. We hope you will love wearing it. All bracelets feature either natural healing stones, precious metals such as silver and gold, and other precious materials such as leather. Here are some things to know about how your product will age:
- Firstly, given that our stones are all naturally selected, they may vary slightly in shape, size, and colour. Embrace their uniqueness!
- Metals such as silver and gold will always change over time. You may see scratches developing on metal areas from where they rub with other surfaces - there's nothing anyone can do about this except for follow a few care instructions as listed below.
- Plated gold, which we use a lot, will also fade over time. Even when it does fade, either 925 silver or polished stainless steel will be lying underneath. If you do not want to see any fading, you can custom-order solid gold or high-calibre gold-filled products instead. Visit the 'contact us' page to do this.
- Your Swuaye product comes with a lifetime guarantee. This covers any breakages or damage considered to be unreasonable, such as snapped strings or shattered beads. Colour fading and other superficial modes of damage like scratching are considered natural forms of wear and tear and are not covered under the warranty we provide.
Just to reassure you, all of our products go through rigorous quality-testing, and we have never heard of any of our products breaking. In the rare case that this happens to you, contact our support team immediately and we'll rush to the rescue.
Swuaye products are handmade and therefore each one is unique and of the highest quality. Even so, it is an unfortunate truth that all items will age and change in appearance over time. To delay this process, and to ensure your lifetime guarantee remains valid, we recommend taking these simple steps when caring for your product:
- Do not wear your item while partaking in physical activity, when showering, or when sleeping.
- Apply cosmetics (i.e. perfumes, lotions, oils) and let them dry before putting on your product.
- Do not expose your jewellery to direct sunlight for a sustained period of time (i.e. leaving it outside in direct sunlight or sunbathing for hours while wearing it).
- Do not wear your jewellery in the sea - salt water corrodes almost all materials.
Wear and tear
Many Swuaye products are crafted using 925 sterling silver and the gold we use is either plated at 18 or 24 carat, 14 carat gold-filled, or 14 carat solid gold.
Please note that traces of wear and tear (e.g. scratches) can appear on these metals even after a short time. Scratches and tarnishing are normal signs of wear and tear and are not material faults.
To prevent wear and tear as much as possible:
- Store your product in a clean, dry place away from direct sun exposure.
- Please avoid storing in damp and hot conditions as this can cause silver and gold plating to tarnish quickly.
- Remove products during any sporting activity, before showering, and before sleeping.
- Skin and hair lotions and perfumes can damage jewellery. As such, we recommend applying these cosmetics before wearing Swuaye products.
- You can refresh your Swuaye piece(s) anytime by polishing with a silver/gold cleaning cloth. However, do be aware that reconditioning products can result in discoloration / weaker engravings over time.